4 EASY Gluten Free & Anti-Inflammatory Recipes
Gluten Free & Anti-Inflammatory Recipes
SOOTHING TURMERIC LATTE
This is made with coconut oil, bold or dark coffee, cocoa, dates, cinnamon & of course turmeric. I like it warm but some like it cold. Best of all, its a treat that’s Gluten Free & Anti-Inflammatory
- 1 tablespoon cashew or almond butter (I like cashew better)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a dash of pepper (approx 1/8 teaspoon?)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2-4 dates for sweetness
- 1 cup of coffee (or espresso)
- Add all of your ingredients to a Ninja type blender. Blend until your dates are emulsified.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy.
Here’s a recipe that you can bring to a party and it tastes good with pretty much anything.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- A couple chopped green onions or a half of a small onion minced ( I like the ½ a small onion better but if you don’t like onions much go with the green ones)
- Smush, mash and mix the avocados with the lemon juice
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Eat and enjoy!
Like many things we make…. if you let it sit together for an hour the tastes really blend together nicely. Also, if you can do nightshades or like cilantro then you’re welcome to add those chopped up in there for little change of pace too.
Eating enough protein with each meal is a really important way to regulate your blood sugar level. Protein slows down the insulin response. Having high blood sugar levels for extended period of time can lead to high blood lipid levels, high cholesterol and diabetes. It also adds to the inflammation problem in our body. These are all situations you want to stay away from. This protein shake is one you can have as a snack or meal replacement. If you have a ninja it goes really fast.
- One serving or 2 tablespoons of protein powder
- 1/2 cup of organic frozen berries (can be blueberries strawberries blackberries etc. Raspberries make a little bit more tart. I don’t like cherries but you can use those too)
- 8oz of almond milk or cashew milk or whatever your favorite nondairy milk is.
Optional: You can always add half a banana, ground flaxseeds, vanilla extract, acidophilus, or magnesium (the product called CALM).
- Add all ingredients in a blender or ninja, blend for a minute
- Drink up!
SLOW COOKED EASY PEASY LAMB
- 2lbs lamb (stew meat so cut into approx. 2” slices)
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 can chick peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2lbs madjool dates (pitted & sliced)
- 2 TBL SPNS lemon juice
- 2-3 carrots (chopped or sliced)
- 2 celery sticks (optional) (sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 clove of garlic chopped or 1 TBL spoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon of orange zest or orange peel spice
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot (mix once to blend)
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours (or 4-5 if on high)
- Serve with mint and a salad or rice or cauliflower
For more tips and shared experiences ASK MAMA FRAT ! Ask a question, make a comment, share a post with friends and/or hit the “follow me” button!November 5, 2016