Wifi radiation: What You Need To Know.
Admittedly, Wi-Fi makes our lives easier. We can get wireless technology over our entire house or down the street at the local coffee shop, but this convenience comes at a price.
Wireless routers, Bluetooth gadgets, and any wireless system give off electromagnetic radiation in the low-gigahertz frequency. WiFi operates in the 2 to 5 GHz range which is part of the microwave portion of the electromagnetic spectrum that cell phones operate in.
Here’s the problem… Studies have shown exposure to non-thermal radio frequency radiation from Wi-Fi and cellular phones can disrupt normal cellular development, especially in the young and in fetal development. Animal studies linked exposure to delayed kidney development in those two groups. In short, bathing the developmentally young in Wi-Fi radiation increases their risk of developmental issues. But it’s not just a problem for the young, using MRI technology, researchers found that adults exposed to 4G radiation had several areas of reduced brain activity. Researchers also found exposure to Wi-Fi frequencies reduce sperm movement and cause DNA fragmentation. This could be a problem for those trying to get pregnant.
So, wanna stay safe?
Move to a remote location on a mountain somewhere & disconnect from the world. Haha.
If that’s not an option, and you need to live in the real world like the rest of us, you can at least minimize your exposure.
- Spend time in nature. This may sound logical but not many of us purposefully put ourselves in areas that don’t get a signal. Taking a hike in a well-populated state park that doesn’t have a cell signal. Connect you with nature. Take your shoes off and ground with the earth.
- Get a WiFi Router Guard. You can block Wifi RF Radiation with Router Guard. I recently got one. It doesn’t affect the signal in my house at all, but the reduction in radiation exposure is great. It blocks about 95% of the RF emitting from the router. Everyone’s signal & house set up is different. For some, it may reduce the range of the signal but for this 3,600 sq ft house, it does not. I attached a picture of it for you to see.
- Protect your sleeping space. When researching protection, I came across what looks like mosquito netting that you can put around your bed. It’s quite pricey but so is bad health. I haven’t tried it yet. At 1k+ in price, I may have to think about this one.
- Turn your router off at night. This won’t eliminate all the radiation in your house, but it will minimize your exposure and harm done while your body is at rest and restoring itself.
- Get a cover for your utilities’ smart meter. They will still get a signal, but you will reduce your exposure. Here’s a link to a video. utilities cover example
The bottom line is this, wireless routers, Bluetooth gadgets, and any wireless system give off electromagnetic radiation.
They also make our lives more convenient but limiting our exposure to the radiation makes for good health!
Thanks for reading, Sending virtual hugs,
Your Mama Frat